Daniel Tienda is a partner at Cases&Lacambra in Spain. His practice is focused on Real Estate.
He has a full and broad understanding of the Real Estate cycle in Spain, which allows him to offer a bespoke legal advice to foreign capital investing in the Spanish market. He is acting for institutional investors: funds, family offices, and private equity firms.
He has a solid expertise advising cross-border transactions, specializing in the designing and incorporation of the most suitable investor structures (he has settled several funds and investments structures in Spain). His expertise ranges large type of real estate transactions: acquisitions, sale and lease back agreements or sale-and- lease-back transactions, mergers and acquisitions of real estate companies, sale and purchase of land and real estate development projects, residential buildings, commercial shopping centres and retail spaces. Highlight mandates include some of the main real estate transactions in the hotel sector in Spain. Daniel’s advice extends to the public law aspects of the urban matters, planning and permitting, concessions and licensing with the Public Administration.
He has been advising in the expansion abroad of several companies in fields like infrastructures, engineering, energy, hotel businesses, and consumer and distribution goods industries. His area of practice also includes transactional corporate and resolution of international conflicts between private entities, public administrations, Governments and International financial institutions, such as the World Bank, EBRD, EU Institutions. He has advised in Maritime Law Commercial Disputes.
He started his career in the Competition Law firm Martínez-Lage, after being in the cabinet of the former Member of the European Parliament and VP of the European Parliament’s Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs. He is a former Member of the Commission of the International Relations of CEOE – Confederation of Employers and Industries of Spain . He is a regular speaker in some of the most relevant forums -public institutions and private entities- of foreign investment and Internationalization of companies, and has published articles in the main specialized business and legal media in the sector.
Daniel has been a guest lecturer at the Faculty of Law of the University of Sofia.
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
Master in International Law.
IEB. Cum Laude Graduate.
European and International Diplomat.
Catholic University of Leuven.
Maritime Law Diplomat.
University of Southampton
Member of the Madrid Bar Association.
Member of the International Bar Association.
- Industrial and Logistics.
- Real Estate and Construction.
- Retail and Consumer Goods.
- Tourism and Hospitality.
- Legal Flash! «Deletion of art. 28 of the Spanish Mortgage Law».
- Legal Flash! «Novedades regulatorias de eficiencia energética en edificios: Next Generation EU».
- Article: «Coliving and its regulation».
- Chambers Global Practice Guide Real – Estate 2021.
- Legal Flash!: «Reduction of real estate taxation in Andalusia».
- Legal Flash!: «New Technical Building Code».
- Article: «Build to Rent in the Spanish Real Estate Market».
- Legal Flash!: «Royal Decree-Law 2/2021 of 26 January of social measures in defence of employment: lease agreements».
- Legal Flash!: «Doctrina rebus sic stantibus. Sentencia 20210108 JPI 20 Barcelona».
- Legal Flash!: «Urgent measures to support the tourism sector, hospitality and commerce and in tax matters».
- Report: «Is a new rental law necessary in Spain?».
- Legal Flash!: «Urgent measures to support economic activity in leased business premises».
- Legal Flash!: «Madrid region adopts extraordinary measures to improve and simplify urban restrictions amending the Land Act 9/2001».
- Legal Flash!: «The CJEU restricts the limitation to tourist housing rentals».
- Article: «Sector hotelero: el necesario rescate de uno de los pilares de la economía española».
- Newsletter: «The hotel sector facing the COVID-19 crisis».
- Newsletter: «Decree Law 8/2020,13 May, on urgent and extraordinary measures to promote economic activity in the Balearic Islands».
- Newsletter: «Improvement and simplification of regulations for the promotion of productive activity in Andalusia».