David Navarro is a partner at Cases&Lacambra in Spain. His practice is focused on Tax Law.
He has an extensive experience on advising family business groups, large national and multinational business groups, private equity firms and investment funds both in domestic and international environment, in relation to group restructuring and corporate reorganization (mergers, acquisitions, divestments, etc.), international tax planning of cross-border investments and ongoing tax advice.
He has advised multinational groups and companies in their operations in Spain and abroad in a wide range of fields. He has an extensive experience in internationalization processes of Spanish companies in foreign jurisdictions.
David has specialized in advisory and strategic planning, tax optimization and due diligence, as well as in inspection procedures, administrative claims and litigation proceedings of a tax nature.
Before joining Cases&Lacambra, David Navarro developed his career in the business tax advisory department of EY, based in Barcelona office. Previously, he was a lawyer at Grant Thornton’s tax practice.
David is co-author of the book “Impuesto sobre Sociedades – Régimen General, Tomo I” coordinated by EY Abogados and published by Ed. Aranzadi.
University of Barcelona
Master degree in Taxation
Member of the Barcelona Bar Association
- Financial Services.
- Industrial Manufacturing and Logistics.
- Real Estate and Construction.
- Retail and Consumer Goods.
- Technology and Innovation.
- Tourism and Hospitality.
- C&L «Tax Bulletin».
- Tax Flash: «Judgment of the European Union Court of Justice».
- Tax Flash: «Ley 7/2022, de 8 de abril, de Residuos y Suelos Contaminados para una Economía Circular».
- C&L «Boletín Fiscal» – Marzo 2022.
- Tax Flash: «New ruling published in the Official Journal of the European Union concerning the 720 form».
- Newsletter: «Supreme Court ruling on the financial assets of the economic activity of family companies».
- Newsletter: «Annual Tax and Customs Control Plan 2022».
- Newsletter: «The European Court of Justice overturns the tax form 720».
- Newsletter: «Law 22/2021 of 28 december 2021 on the General State Budget 2022».
- Global Legal Insights – Corporate Tax 2021 (Andorra).
- Global Legal Insights – Corporate Tax 2021 (España).
- C&L «Tax Bulletin».
- Chambers Global Practice Guide – Real Estate 2021.
- Global Legal Insights to Corporate Tax 2020– Spain.
- Newsletter: «News on tax matters in Catalonia».
- Tax Newsletter: «The Official Journal of the European Union published the appeal of the European Commission against Spain in regards to the disproportionality of the tax form 720».
- Tax alert about the Convention for the avoidance of double taxation between Spain and the United States.
- Tax Newsletter: «Tax aspects on no-productive assets of legal entities in Catalonia».