Pablo Echenique is a partner at Cases&Lacambra in Spain. His practice is focused on Corporate & M&A with special emphasis on energy and infrastructures.
Pablo has nearly 20 years professional experience and has been involved in numerous complex corporate and finance transactions mainly in the energy, infrastructures and construction sectors across Latin America, Europe, the United States, China, South Africa, Israel, India and the Middle East.
He holds a degree in Law from Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and a Master’s Degree in Law (LLM) from IE Business School. He began his career at Uría Menéndez, where he practised for more than 7 years advising on M&A (of companies and assets), shareholders agreements/joint ventures, financing transactions, sale and leasebacks, and corporate restructuring, especially in the infrastructures, real estate and finance sectors.
He also worked for more than 7 years in the office of the General Counsel of Abengoa, a multinational energy/environment services conglomerate, during a phase of important international expansion, where he had the chance to advise on numerous matters related to energy (M&A, cross-border transactions with equity partners, Corporate and Project Finance, etc.). More recently he has broadened his renewable energy expertise as General Counsel of Alfanar Energía España, the Spanish branch of the Saudi industrial company, Alfanar Co.
He is also active in academic activities and is currently a Professor of Business Law at IE University. He has also lectured in “bespoke company programs” at Georgetown University (Washington DC).
He appeared as a “leading individual” in the first list of corporate lawyers in the Iberian market published by The Legal 500. He is also a fellow of Aspen Institute España, a leadership forum.
Pablo has also collaborated as an author in various international publications such as the IPCL Cross-Border Constructions & Projects Handbook.
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
Master in Laws (LLM)
IE Business School (Madrid).
Executive Programme in Energy Law-PSDE.
IE Business School (Madrid).
Post-graduate program in the Law of Financial Markets.
Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles (IEB-Universidad Complutense de Madrid).
Member of the Madrid Bar Association.
- Financial Services.
- Real Estate and Construction.
- Participation of Pablo Echenique in the XIII Ibero-American Business Meeting: “Energy and ecological transition in Ibero-America, for a green way out of the crisis”.
- Article: «Los concursos de capacidad de acceso a redes, según el nuevo Real Decreto de Acceso y Conexión».
- Legal Flash! «Main aspects of the new renewable auction regime».
- Legal Flash! «Royal Decree-Law 23/2020 – Measures about energy and other areas for economic recovery».
- Legal Flash! «Draft Bill on Climate Change and Energy Transition».
- Legal Flash! «Estado de alarma y suspensión del régimen de inversiones extranjeras».
- Article: «Hacia un nuevo régimen de subastas renovables».
- Article: «La ejecución de las garantías de inscripción de instalaciones renovables en estado de explotación».