Pablo Echenique is a Partner at Cases & Lacambra in Spain. His practice is focused on Corporate & M&A with special emphasis on energy and infrastructures.
Pablo has nearly 20 years of professional experience and has been involved in numerous complex corporate and finance transactions mainly in the energy, infrastructures and construction sectors across Latin America, Europe, the United States, China, South Africa, Israel, India and the Middle East.
He holds a degree in Law from the Autonomous University of Madrid and a Master’s Degree in Law (LLM) from IE Business School. He began his career at Uría Menéndez, where he practised for more than 7 years advising on M&A (of companies and assets), shareholders agreements/joint ventures, financing transactions, sale and leasebacks, and corporate restructuring, especially in the infrastructures, real estate and finance sectors.
He also worked for more than 7 years in the office of the General Counsel of Abengoa, a multinational energy/environment services conglomerate, at a time of an important international expansion, when he had the chance to advise on numerous matters related to energy (M&A, cross-border transactions with equity partners, and Corporate and Project Finance, amongst others). More recently he broadened his expertise in renewable energy, as General Counsel of Alfanar Energía España, the Spanish branch of the Saudi industrial company, Alfanar Co.
He is also active in academic activities and is currently a Professor of Business Law at IE University. He has also lectured in “bespoke company programs” at Georgetown University (Washington DC).
He appeared as a “leading individual” in the first list of corporate lawyers in the Iberian market published by The Legal 500. He is also a fellow of the leadership forum, Aspen Institute España.
Pablo has also collaborated as an author in various international publications such as the IPCL Cross-Border Constructions & Projects Handbook.
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
Master in Laws (LLM)
IE Business School (Madrid).
Executive Programme in Energy Law-PSDE.
IE Business School (Madrid).
Post-graduate program in the Law of Financial Markets.
Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles (IEB-Universidad Complutense de Madrid).
Member of the Madrid Bar Association.
- Financial Services.
- Real Estate and Construction.
- The Legal 500 Country Comparative Guides – Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Newsletter: «Legislation and case law».
- Legal Flash: «Royal Decree-Law 29/2021, urgent measures for the promotion of electric mobility, self-consumption and the deployment of renewable energies».
- Legal Flash: «PERTE of Renewable Energies, Renewable Hydrogen and Storage».
- Participation of Pablo Echenique in the XIII Ibero-American Business Meeting: “Energy and ecological transition in Ibero-America, for a green way out of the crisis”.
- Article: «Los concursos de capacidad de acceso a redes, según el nuevo Real Decreto de Acceso y Conexión».
- Legal Flash! «Main aspects of the new renewable auction regime».
- Legal Flash! «Royal Decree-Law 23/2020 – Measures about energy and other areas for economic recovery».
- Legal Flash! «Draft Bill on Climate Change and Energy Transition».
- Legal Flash! «Estado de alarma y suspensión del régimen de inversiones extranjeras».
- Article: «Hacia un nuevo régimen de subastas renovables».
- Article: «La ejecución de las garantías de inscripción de instalaciones renovables en estado de explotación».