Lucas Palomar is a Partner of Cases & Lacambra, and head of the Corporate & M&A practice group in Spain. He is a member of the Barcelona Bar Association and holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Management (MBA) from ESADE.
With more than 25 years of experience, prior to joining the Firm, Lucas developed his professional career at PWC Tax & Legal Services as lead partner of the Transactions group of their Barcelona office.
Lucas is a specialist in corporate and business law, mergers and acquisitions. He has awide experience in legal advice in negotiation and transactional processes, corporate restructuring, joint ventures, due diligence, and legal management in buy-side and sell-side mandates. He also has awide experience in LBO, MBO and build-up transactions with both financial (private equity) and industrial players.
Lucas also serves as Secretary of the Board of Directors of several companies and provides day-to-day advice on corporate and business law for both national and multinational groups. His multidisciplinary experience is worth of mention: he often takes part and leads projects undertaken by multidisciplinary teams of lawyers, tax, labour and financial advisors. This has given him a 360º “business oriented” view of transactional and corporate environments.
Alongside his professional career, he has lectured in several ESADE’s programmes for over 20 years: he is currently a lecturer of M&A in ESADE’s Executive Master’s Degree in Finance/Corporate Finance (EMF), and has lectured on M&A, Transactions, and Corporate Law at ESADE’s MBA, Masters in Tax Consultancy and in Corporate Finance, and at the Law School at ESADE Business School.
He was also a member of the Editorial Board of the magazine “Revista Iuris, Actualidad y Práctica del Derecho” published by the Editorial Group «Wolters Kluwer» for several years.
Central University of Barcelona (1992)
Master in Business Administration (Barcelona, 1992-1994).
(Executive Development Program) (Madrid 2006).
Member of the Barcelona Bar Association.
- Family Offices/HNWI.
- Real Estate and Construction.
- Retail and Consumer Goods.
- Sports and Entertainment.
- Tourism and Hospitality.
- The Firm collaborates with Getting The Deal Through, drafting the Spanish chapter of the Private Equity 2023 edition
- Newsletter: «Royal Decree 1055/2022, of December 27th, on packaging and packaging waste».
- Newsletter: «Legislation and case law (October – December 2022)».
- The Legal 500 Country Comparative Guides – Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Newsletter: «Legislation and case law».
- Getting The Deal Through (Lexology) – Private Equity 2021.
- Getting The Deal Through (Lexology): «Private Equity 2020».
- Corporate & M&A Newsletter: «Legislation and case law».
- Article: «Mergers: an effective mechanism in the “new world”».
- Article: “El precio y el mecanismo ‘locked box’ en operaciones de M&ACorporate & M&A”.