Miguel Cases is the co-Managing Partner of Cases & Lacambra. He leads the Financial Services Group of the Firm and is qualified to practice Law in both Spain and the Principality of Andorra.
He has extensive experience advising credit institutions, investment services firms and regulatory authorities. He acts regularly as key legal counsel for major financial institutions, public administrations, and public and private investment funds in the structuring of financial transactions, derivatives, financial sector reorganization M&A deals and special situations and he has participated in some of the most cutting-edge transactions in such matter over the last years.
His practice includes the regulation of the financial sector where he is an expert on the legal framework and the regulatory environment applicable to entities subject to prudential supervision, especially those providing financial and investment services. His area of practice extends to special situations and distressed entities.
Miguel is frequently involved in cross-border asset recovery matters where complex litigation is involved, and has acted as an arbitrator in finance-related matters.
He is a regular lecturer in international business schools in his areas of speciality with a particular focus in financial instruments that replicate cash flows. He has participated in the drafting of standards for master netting agreements, in the regulation of netting and financial guarantees and in multiple regulations of the financial sector.
Before founding Cases&Lacambra he worked in several banking institutions and in a major Spanish law firm.
Law Degree and Master in Law
Specialty in Business Law ESADE Law School
Master in Business Administration (MBA)
Specialty in Finance ESADE Business School
International Law Diplomat
Catholic University of Leuven
Member of the Andorran Bar Association
Member of the Barcelona Bar Association
Member of the International Bar Association
Member of the Spanish Arbitrators Club
- Cross Border Legal.
- Financial Services.
- Funds and Venture Capital.
- Cases & Lacambra collaborates with the Spanish chapter of ICLG – Alternative Investment Funds 2022.
- Newsletter: «Legislation and case law».
- Newsletter: «Bill on Foreign Investments in Andorra».
- Article: «Andorra, a paradise for Legal development».
- Newsletter: «Law on digital representation of assets by the use of cryptography and distributed ledger and blockchain technology».
- Chambers Global Practice Guides – Fintech 2022. Andorra.
- Article: «Financial services M&A in Spain: key features for private banking transactions».
- Newsletter: «Legislation and law case of Financial Services» (April – May 2022).
- C&L: «Bulletin Andorra office – April 2022».
- International Comparative Legal Guides – Public Investments Funds. Andorra.
- GLI – International Arbitration 2022. Andorra.
- New collaboration with the Andorran chapter for Getting The Deal Through – Banking Regulation 2022.
- Legal Flash: «Legislation and law case of Financial Services».
- Global Practice Guide – Banking Regulation 2022.
- Global Practice Guide – Insolvency 2021.
- International Comparative Legal Guide – Alternative Investments Funds 2021.
- International Comparative Legal Guide – Public Investment Funds 2021.
- Getting The Deal Through: Banking Regulation 2021. Andorra chapter.
- Global Legal Insights: International Arbitration 2021. Andorra Chapter.
- Article: «Andorra, an opportunity for Spain»
- Chambers Practice Guide: «Banking Regulation 2021». Andorra Chapter.
- Chambers Practice Guide: «Banking & Finance 2020». Andorra Chapter.
- Chambers Practice Guide: «Insolvency 2020». Andorra Chapter.
- Chambers Practice Guide: «Fintech 2020». Andorra Chapter.
- Article: «Europe and the necessary deregulation of financial markets»
- Legal Flash! «COVID-19: Measures adopted by regulatory and supervisory bodies in the financial markets».
- Monographic: «Measures adopted in response to COVID-19 health emergency in Andorra».
- ICLG to Alternative Investment Funds 2020. Andorra Chapter.
- ICLG to Alternative Investment Funds 2020. Spain Chapter.