Laura Nieto is a Partner of Cases & Lacambra and a member of the Financial Services group at the Firm’s office in Andorra.
Laura specialises in banking and financial regulation, and has an in-depth understanding of the asset management industry. She has a wide experience advising credit institutions and investment services firms in the legal framework and regulatory environment applicable to entities subject to prudential supervision, especially in the provision of financial and investment services.
Her practice includes the pre-contracting, contracting and post-contracting of financial instruments and structured products, as well as global legal advice on netting market agreements and financial collateral arrangements (i.e., ISDA MA, GMRA, GMSLA).
Laura’s practice also includes cross-border transactions and funds’ distribution.
Throughout her career, she has undertaken projects relating to compliance with AML, market abuse (MAR), investor protection (MiFID), data protection and CRDIV-CRR regulations, including corporate governance and solvency and capital requirements.
Before joining Cases & Lacambra, Laura worked in the compliance departments of Crèdit Andorrà in the Principality of Andorra, and Caixa d’Enginyers and Catalunya Caixa in Barcelona (Spain).
Law Degree and Master in Civil Law.
Universitat Ramón Llull-Esade.
Member of the Andorran Bar Association.
Member of the Barcelona Bar Association.
- Family Offices/HNWI.
- Financial Services.
- Funds & Venture Capital.
- Technology and Innovation.
- Article: “Crypto-asset advertising”.
- Chambers Global Practice Guide – Banking Regulation 2022.
- Article: «NFTs: digital art and risk hedging».
- Article: «Metaverse: a replica of the real world with its own rules».
- Article: «Alternative financing: Crowdfunding platforms».
- Article: «Sustainable investment».
- Article: «The future of digital identity».
- International Comparative Legal Guide – Public Investment Funds 2021.
- Getting The Deal Through – Banking Regulation 2021.
- Article: «Affordable housing prices in the welfare state».
- Article: «Data privacy in the age of Homo digitalis».
- Chambers Practice Guide: «Banking & Finance 2020». Andorra Chapter.
- Chambers Practice Guide: «Fintech 2020». Andorra Chapter.
- ICLG to Alternative Investment Funds 2020. Andorra Chapter.
- Interview: «Laura Nieto, managing associate at Cases&Lacambra participated in the Ara i Aquí programme of Andorra National Radio».
- Legal Flash! «COVID-19: Measures adopted by regulatory and supervisory bodies in the financial markets».
- Monographic: «Measures adopted in response to COVID-19 health emergency in Andorra».
- Legal Flash!: «Exceptional measures approved in Andorra against the effects of COVID-19».